Market Update

In my last post I mentioned that the Dow was up despite a bunch of negative news. As I expected it didn't last and the Dow is down 200 point over 2 sessions. Historically May through September is a bad time for the markets. Someone did a study that if you invested only between October and April you'd make much more than the industry average in the long run.[sorry, I can't recall the source].

Someone I know, Robert Campbell, author of Timing the Real Estate Market, said that if you invest on December 1st of every year and pull your money out on January 15th[45 days later], you would make a 7% return 80% of the time!

Anyway, I think the market is going to continue to do badly in the short term. I had previously mentioned RNE, IIF and IFN. Today they're all down between 5-15%. I'm going to use this as a good opportunity to get in. [NOTE: DON'T BLINDLY FOLLOW MY ADVICE. DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE]

No comments:

Post a Comment